Monday, May 21, 2012

Letter #52 5/21/12 Cambios!

Baptism!!

Landon should always be holding a puppy!

Looking Cool!! (as cool as you can look while hitching a ride in the back of a pickup)
Wow, what a week.  I can easily say that it was one of my favorite weeks of my mission so far. I'll start out by telling you the changes. Sadly, yet expected, Elder Calleja left. We had a great change together, but my new companion is awesome. His name is Elder Romero. I actually already new him, he was in my distrito in San Jose. He's awesome, we were already great friends and i'm looking forward to getting to know him even better. He has about 3 months more than me in the mission. I'm actually in a kind of weird position, in San Jose i respeced him alot and learned a lot from him, being new in the mission, and now he's my junior companion. Haha i don't know why, but i'm looking forward to learning even more from him.
So this past week was Amazing, and it all started Tuesday when i did divisions with my Dad!!! Elder Garcia, my trainer and and former zone leader, we had a great day, one of my favortite days of the mission. We worked together in his area and rode bikes basically the entire day. I learned a ton!! Elder Garcia is a great missionary. Unfortunately, he's no longer my ZL, but i still love him. 

I had a few awesome experiences this past week, small, but meaningful nonetheless. We have had and incredibly dificult time finding an investigador that we know could really progress. He's never in his house!! But Wednesday we had plans to hunt him down. In the morning i said a prayer and asked that he could be in his house when we passed at 3. Before going to his house i said another prayer asking that we could find him. We passed by, and we wasn't there, but i wasn't the least bit worried. We talked with his mom for about 10 minutes, and right as we were getting ready to say goodbye, F drove up in his car. We had a really spiritual lesson about the plan of salvation and got him excited to get baptised. I know that it was an answer of my prayers that we were able to find him. 

This past week i ate sea turtle. Yes, the sea turtle that is on the endangered species list. It was delicous, but the family told me that if the authorities catch you eating it it's a 30 thousand dollar fine. WOW. Also, J got baptised!! I was a wonderful baptismal service. And again, the day of the baptism we had no water!!! But everything worked out in the end. Well love you all, hope you have a great week!! Love Elder Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment