Thursday, July 28, 2011

Letter #9 07/28/01 Goodbye MTC!!!

Hey family!
 
Thanks so so much for all the packages and letters. I think the packages this week were the best i've had so far. And i was glad to hear from the killbournes and get the mint brownies! Those might have been the best mint brownies i've ever had in my life. I actually still have some. I'm glad they sent me there trip journal! I've read like half of it so far and it's really funny. Sounds like it wa a pretty amazing trip. And if you see Taylor's parents you should tell them thanks for the card and the money that they sent me.
 
Sounds like you've been having a fun time out boating! Whenever i ride the bike in the gym i can see Utah lake and i always wonder if you guys are out there. We all finished with gym which kind of sucks.. But i'm so excited to get to Mexico! You guys should send me some pics sometime of your summer. So i guess i don't have to bother about telling you my travel plans.. Be expecting me to call sometime when we're in LA. I might try and call in SLC too, we'll just have to see. If i don't end up calling for some reason then i'm really really sorry. It's kind of weird to think that i'll be talking to you guys in a few days... These last 2 months have flown by. I feel like the MTC has prepared me about as much as possible and now the only way i can learn more is to actually get out there. It's probably going to be tough at first though..
 
This past week Elder Prince has been a little sick. He has some virus in his throat so he's been sleeping quite a bit which means that either Elder Nordfelt or i stays in the room with him while he sleeps. Yesterday was really exciting because we got to walk down the street from the MTC to the doctors to pick up his perscription (it's like a 5 minute walk, but still really cool to leave). If that would have happened 2 weeks ago i would have been going crazy, but it wasn't as exciting knowing that in a few days we're going to be flying to Mexico.
 
My spanish is getting pretty good, or at least i thought that until yesterday.. We were talking to some argintinian girls during lunch in spanish and i thought I was doing really good, but then when we told them that we're leaving to Mexico next week they burst out laughing! It kind of shattered my confidence a little.. But at least we were able to have a normal conversation with them. I really feel like i've learned all i can here. I've memorized everything in the books they give us, now i just have to learn how real mexicans talk, which i can only do in Mexico.
 
To answer your question, the four of us that are going to Culiacan are all on the same flights, but the 3 who are going to Chiwawa are going to Dallas and then to Chiwawa. They have to leave the MTC at 3 in the morning!! Pretty crazy. Elder Prince is going to Chiw by the way. And he's feeling a lot better today so he should be all set to leave. It's kind of sad that i'm not going to see the other 3 again. I love all of them. Our district has gotten really close since we only have 7 people. But a couple of them are going to BYU after so i'll probable see them at some point.
 
Tomorrow we have some big departure conference all day long and i guess we just get instructed on being a missionary all day and have to watch a bunch of videos about being sanitary and everything. I'm not really looking forward to that. I've really loved the MTC though. It's awesome here, even though it's a little like prison. The food is pretty decent and you learn a ton. My testimony has grown more these last 2 months than it has the last 5 years of my life. I know the church is true and i'm so excited to go and bless people! Way more excited than i thought i would be. But i'm really going to miss getting letters and packages every week. And air conditioning and hot showers. Tonight i'm going to take a hot bath. I think it'll be my last chance in 2 years so i'm going to really enjoy it.
 
Anyways have fun at the cabin tonight!! And tell every one i love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment