Thursday, June 30, 2011

Letter #5 6/30/11 & pics too!

The Best District at the MTC!!

Can't wait to get to Culiacan!!

First companion- Elder Nordfelt- couldn't ask for better!!

Love these guys!

Making good use of the "perfect push-ups"!

Elder Shipman!!
Hey!!
I had another great week. I got marci's package which made me through the weekend, and i grandma's cookie things were delicous! And thanks for thos brownies, and bread! Where are those brownies from? I love getting packages so much! And my whole zone loves it too. This one elder in the zone that's been here longer than us serioiusly asks me every day if i have any of that chex cereal sweet stuff  that marci always sends me. Haha and i've been feeding the new district a ton. None of them really have any food. I feel kind of like their mom. haha but i really like all of them. Also i like it when you send me the Diet coke. They have it here but it is caffein free and it doens't have the lime flavor. We're not allowed to have gum here so i've really been craving mints lately.. But thanks for everything you send me!
That's too bad Aaron didn't get his call, i was looking forward to hearing about that. And i'm mad Jimmer isn't on the Jazz! Oh well, it sounds like the people we got are pretty good. The girl who cut my hair last week surprisingly knew a lot about basketball. She told me all about them. And i've seen Brandon and Taylor a lot! I got to talk to them for a while last friday while we in line for a devotional. They're both doing great. I can tell they're really excited! I took that picture with Brandon during our temple walk. I think we're going to be on the same temple walk schedule which will be fun! And they both eat there meals at around the same time as me so i at least see them most days. The person i see the most is Blake zizer. His classroom is right next to mine, and he has the same meal schedule, and gym schedule. I talk to him every day. I was really hoping that Brandon or Taylor would have my gym schedule, but oh well. Now that they opened the gym back up i've been playing a lot of basketball. It's getting more competititive and they're some really good players. I wish i was in Elder Collingsworth's gym. I hear he dominates. I see him around quite a bit but we haven't quite got the courage to talk to him yet. Haha we might try just randomly contacting them in spanish, which we do all the time with other people, and then talking about basketball.
Last weekend was so Amazing!! It was jam packed and the lines for meales went out the door and around the building but it was worth it. On Friday we had a special devotional and Elder Bednar spoke to us!! It was an awesome talk, and after we got to watch movies for 2 hours! We watched the inside the MTC thing that was on last conference and then some movie with Gordon B. Hinkley. We always get to watch movies on Sunday nights but this was special. And Sunday was even cooler!! We ended up just being blessers on the sacrament which was good. Especially since we didn't actually have to bless. They had 3 tables and only one blessed. It was so sweet! It was just the 30 of us that did the sacrament, all the new mission presidents, and then a ton of general authorities. And we got to stay and watch the whole meeting! President Eyerering(?) spoke. It was really good. And 10 of the 12 Apostles were there. It was definately the highlight of my 4 weeks i've been here. And we got to go 1 hour and a half early just to prepare for it. While we were preparing we got to watch all the apostles that were there bear their testimonies to the mission presidents. It was sweet! I don't think i would have been near as excited for that before i left. It's kind weird to think of how much i've already changed. I'm also loving reading the book of mormon! I've definately changed. And i'm so excited to go baptize people!! The MTC is cool, but i'm really excited to get to mexico. If i get my visa.. And when our visas come we get to go to Salt Lake to pick them up! I'm pretty excited for that. If if they come at least..
This Saturday we get to have a special meeting for 4 of july! We're meeting at 8:30 and i think we might get to watch the fireworks. Don't really know though. But i really hope i hear some of Brad Paisley! What time does the whole thing start? I'm jealous lexi gets to go!
Oh tell Marci thanks for always sending Matt's letters! I love reading them! and thanks for sending that picture of his apartment too.
I'm pretty excited for this next week. We're getting a new district! Again!
I love you all, and thanks for always writing me and sending stuff!
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment